Holliday ISD has been approved to hold the 2020 Graduation Ceremony at Eagle Stadium. See the plan below:
Holliday ISD Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony
Date: Friday, May 29, 2020
Time: 8:00 p.m.
Location: Eagle Stadium
- Use “Home” side only. Seats 1000 – 50% Capacity 500. 80 graduates allow 5 guests per graduate 400 Attendees.
- If weather is an issue we will use the Gymnasium as an alternate and reduce the number of attendees proportionately based on seating. (possibly parents only)
- Bathrooms will be monitored by district personnel and cleaned between use.
- Drinking fountains will not be available for use.
Student Physical Distancing
- Graduates enter from the visitor’s side (keeping 6 feet apart).
- Graduates sit in chairs on the field (minimum of 6 feet apart)
- School Board, Admin and Teachers seated 6 feet apart on track.
Parents and Guest Physical Distancing
- Limit number of attendees by issuing 5 tickets to each graduate. Assign tickets and seating alphabetically by student and schedule arrival of guests alphabetically at East and West entrances to the stadium to limit contact.
- Mark stadium seating for Physical Distancing minimum of 6 feet apart. (family groups staying together, seated together)
- Mark spaces around the track for handicapped attendees.
- School staff on hand to coordinate entry and exit of the stadium.
- HISD will “live stream” the ceremony for those unable to attend.
- Normal ceremony with speeches and recognitions.
- Graduates walk across the stage, retrieve their diploma and pause for a picture.
* Plans subject to change or cancellation based on advice of health authorities or Local and State Executive Orders.